The honeymoon is the reward for all of those hard stressful months of wedding planning. To get the most out of your honeymoon here is a basic timetable of things you should consider.
6 to 9 months in advance
- Speak to family and friends for suggestions.
- Purchase or take travel books out of the library.
- Talk with a travel agent and get some brochures.
- Decide on the type of trip you want, a relaxing stress free cruise, an all inclusive Caribbean resort, an exotic island in the South Pacific.
- Set up a preliminary budget, and estimate travel expenses.
4 to 6 months in advance
- Select and book your airline tickets.
- Get a reservation for your hotel, and check about any special request such as Ocean views, and having a room on a higher floor.
- Reserve a rental car if necessary
Keep track of all reservations and confirmation numbers. Keep a list of all important telephone and reservation numbers. Use a folder or binder to help you stay organized.
- Visit a doctor and make sure you are up to date with all of your shots, vaccinations, and in good health to be traveling.
- If you are visiting a country where English isn’t the primary language borrow language tapes or enroll in a class.
3 months in advance
- Make sure you have a valid passport or birth certificate. Make sure the names match.
- Confirm your reservations with the airline, hotel and rental car company. Make sure you verify special requests or accommodations.
- Make sure you have a working camera, video recorder, electric razor, power converters or other travel accessories you may need.
- Asses your luggage situation. Do you have enough and is it in good condition. If not make sure it’s on your bridal registry.
1 month in advance
- Do a final budget review
- Make sure you have traveler’s checks and convert some money to local currency if necessary.
- Confirm your, airline, hotel, and rental car reservations again.
- Start to prepare a detailed or day to day itinerary of events. Make dinner reservations if necessary.
Prepare a list of items you need to pack so you don’t forget anything.
- Make arrangements with family members or friends to take care of your pets and plants.
- Stop the mail and make sure someone checks while you are away for wedding presents being delivered
- Make a copy of your passport and keep it in a separate location.
1 week before
- Pack any preliminary items you can
- Check to make sure you have all of your prescriptions and toiletries
- Make sure all of your bills are paid and up to date and your credit cards are in good order.
- Buy magazines or books for the airplane.
- Make arrangements to get to and from the airport
- Confirm your reservations with your airline, hotel and rental car agency.
1 day before
- Pack all of your clothes and toiletries
Put your tickets, travel documents and reservation information in one spot, a carry on bag is good choice so it doesn’t get lost
- Plan to arrive at the airport early. Arrive at least 2 hours early for international flights to allow time for check in and security screening.