Choosing a wedding dress is one of the most important things when you are getting married. As part of our FlawlessWedding.com ‘the Basics’ series we’ve put together a list of helpful tips.
- Browse through some magazines get an idea of what type of dress you want. Make sure it’s going to match the style of your reception.
- Select reputable bridal shops based on the recommendations of family or friends. Check to see if you need an appointment before going to the shop. Make sure they carry dresses that are in your price range.
- Are you allowed to select your own dress or only the ones the sales staff chooses for you. Can you special order dresses, can you order dresses with different sleeves, or necklines.
- Know the stores policy for deposits, refunds and cancellations before you give them a check or credit card.
- Make sure you get a written estimate for alterations before hand.
- Do they carry bridesmaid’s dresses. If you purchase all of them from the store will you get discounted pricing or free alterations.
- Make sure you love the wedding dress before you make the commitment to buy it. Don’t give in to high pressure sales people, family members or your mother. Remember it’s your wedding and your dress.