As your wedding day gets closer the stress about finding the perfect wedding hairstyle becomes a bigger concern. Here are some helpful tips to help you manage and deal with the stress.
- Spend some time looking at different wedding hairstyles, either online in wedding magazines or books
- Make sure your hair is clean and not “stressed out” the day before you visit your stylist. Spending the day before at the beach or in the pool is usually not a good idea.
- Visit several different stylists before your wedding. Find one who shares or understands your tastes. You should feel comfortable expressing your likes and dislikes to them.
Your hair length is going to play a role. Longer styles allow a wider variety of styling options. However medium and shorter length hairstyles give you choices as well. If you plan on growing your hair longer or cutting it dramatically shorter make sure you allow enough time before the reception.
- Your hairstyle should compliment your wedding dress. Don’t think of just your hairstyle think of your accessories and jewelry as well.
- If possible bring a picture of your wedding dress and veil to your stylist, this will help them to put everything together.
- The length of your veil will have a direct influence on your hairstyle. Typically speaking your veil will be longer than your hair.
- Remember choosing a wedding hairstyle and wedding checklist doesn’t have to be a stressful activity if you plan properly and take steps beforehand to make things run smoothly.