One of the most important parts of any wedding is the brides wedding dress. When every bride goes shopping she is looking to find the Perfect Wedding Dress. Here are some helpful tips to help you.
- Buy some current wedding magazines, get an idea of what the hottest styles or trends are. See if you can narrow down to the few styles that you like.
- Ask friends or family for the names of reputable bridal shops or boutiques. Find out if you need an appointment before visiting. Ask if you are allowed to shop by yourself or only see what the sales specialist will show you.
- Ask questions from the sales staff, can you order the dress in different sizes, with different necklines or sleeves. How long will it take, and how much will it cost.
- Find out what methods of payment are accepted and what the policies on refunds are. Credit cards are the first choice however many shops only accept checks.
- Don’t be forced into taking a dress that you are unhappy with due to pressure from your mother, friends or aggressive sales people. You should always sleep on your dress selection for 24 hours before you put down a deposit.
- Every dress is going to need alterations, it usually takes between three and five visits to get it right. Find out what the charges are for each alteration and get them in writing.
- Don’t choose your shoes, jewelry or lingerie before you have made your dress selection.