Every bride envisions the perfect wedding. However, the â€œperfect weddingâ€ also involves months of organizing, planning, and cost. Cost will mean a lot more to you if you and your fiancÃ© are the ones who will be paying for the wedding, rather than your parents. Not to mention that you will want to save money for your beautiful honeymoon in a magical place. You can have a perfect wedding and the beautiful honeymoon at a lowered cost. How so? By purchasing a wedding-honeymoon package in the destination of your choice.
A wedding-honeymoon package is where you have your wedding and your honeymoon both in the same location. Imagine having your wedding on the same beautiful tropical island that you plan to spend your honeymoon on. Many honeymoon destinations, especially islands like Hawaii, offer such packages for you to choose from.
The advantages of a packages such as this are numerous:
- It will save you money from a extravagant traditional wedding. This could be great if you only want a few close family members or friends with you on your special day, plus a great vacation for them. This could also be ideal if you plan to elope.
- Having your wedding and honeymoon all in the same spot can also save you time. There is no planning for or cleaning up after a big wedding, no rushing off afterwards to catch a flight, and no travel time or time spent checking into your hotel in between your wedding and honeymoon.
- It will be just you, your new husband, and possibly a few family or friends relaxing and enjoying the scenery.
Does this sound great to you? Well, before you rush off to book that wedding-honeymoon package there are a few disadvantages to consider:
- First, weddings that take place in the honeymoon location often have to be small, inviting 2-4 guests. This is mainly because of the extensive travel and time often involved in attending anotherâ€™s wedding, but also because some remote tropical destinations have rules on how many guests you can bring to your wedding. If you have a large family that you are very close with then a wedding-honeymoon package is probably not the best idea for your situation.
- You may have to plan your wedding around when those few guests can take time off work to attend your wedding. The more people you bring, the harder this task will become.
- You also have to worry about exactly when your guests are going to leave. You might not want your mother and father in-law or other guests hanging around for the entire vacation, however, it may be difficult for you to tell them that and plan an exact time for them to return home.
Planning a wedding-honeymoon package is a great way to have a magical and intimate ceremony with your husband-to-be. It can also take the normal wedding day stress off of a bride. However, this path has its own pros and cons to evaluate and consider before you jump into making any reservations. In the end, you must decide to do what is right for you and your fiancÃ©. After all, it is your big day.