Weâ€™ve all seen or even been to the traditional bachelor parties seen on TV or in the movies. A distant relative or tag-along friend get a little out of control, or the groom has too much to drink, and the â€œentertainmentâ€ gets a little out of hand.
However as couples are getting married later in life, thankfully those types of bachelor parties becoming relics of the past. Itâ€™s much more common nowadays for a group of friends to go out and spend an evening out or an extended weekend bonding and reliving old memories. Here are some tips if you are planning a more modern bachelor party.
- Plan a dinner at the groom favorite restaurant with some close friends. Bring pictures, movies or just share stories about funny and embarrassing moments from his past.
- Plan a weekend trip to a golf resort.
- Go camping for the weekend.
- Rent a motor home and go on a road trip
- Take a weekend boating trip.
If you are the best man, or one of the ushers involved in planning the event, give yourself a few weeks to work out the plans. Make sure you clear the activities with the groom and everyone else involved. If alcohol is involved, use designated drivers or a limousine service. Schedule the event a week or two before the wedding. Above all relax and have fun.