Do you need a wedding planner? It’s a complicated question with no hard and fast answers. If you are planning a medium to large sized event with over 100 guests the answer will definitely be yes. Do you have a hard time keeping track of multiple services and contractors, if so the answer is yes. Are you simply overwhelmed by the entire thing, then the answer is definitely yes. Here are some things to keep in mind if you are considering hiring a wedding planner.
- Networking. A good wedding planner will have a network of reliable suppliers, or subcontractors. They will know florists, bands, DJ’s, limousine services, and caterers.
- Negotiating Skills. Wedding planners are usually working multiple events and are able to negotiate better pricing than you could independently.
- Fashion Style and Trends. Planners typically have a good sense of style and fashion, they also know what some of the hottest trends may are.
- Experience. Wedding planers have done this before. They have experience, and won’t make mistakes you might make.
- It’s business. A good wedding planner will understand it’s the most important day in your life, but they also realize they are running a business making business decisions. They won’t have any emotional investment in event, allowing them to make clear well though out rational decisions.
As weddings are becoming more complicated more and more couples are deciding to utilize the experience and know how of a wedding planner. While prices will vary form one spot to another typically speaking wedding planners receive anywhere from 10 to 20% of the cost of the entire wedding. However a good wedding planner will also save you time, time money and aggravation, and be worth every penny in the long run.