While choosing a wedding band may not be as significant or stressful as choosing an engagement ring, it’s still an important purchase. As part of our Wedding Basics series of articles we’ve come up with some helpful tips:
- A wedding band is a gift that symbolizes the union of a man and wife, and should be something that the bride and groom can agree on.
- Browse through bridal magazines before going shopping to find styles you like.
- Traditionally the bride and grooms wedding bands matched, however more and more brides and grooms are choosing different styles.
- Many brides or grooms incorporate religious icons or symbols of their heritage like a claddagh ring.
- Make sure the bride’s wedding band compliments her engagement ring.
- Check to see if there are any family heirlooms that can be used as a wedding band.
- If possible engrave the date or special message on the inside of the wedding band.
- Most wedding bands cost between $300 and $1500 each, so you should be able to find one that fits your budget.